Monday, June 28, 2010

First real organic shopping day

So Tuesdays are my shopping day and today was my first real organic shopping day.  First I went to the local butcher who does organic meat (5 min drive from my home).  He is friendly, full of information and not too expensive.  One down, going well.  The second stop was a 15 min drive from my home.  I went to a farm who has set up a shed to sell from.  I must admit I was kind of expecting a rustic, quaint, charming little farm with a delightful farm house and a cute little shop.  Well, I was wrong.  It is a little on the messy side, the home is just an old sort of home and the cute little shop was actually a tin shed.  BUT, the lady was lovely and helpful and the food was wonderful.  The selection was huge, including cheeses, all kinds of grains, jams and other shelf items.  Grace loved chatting to the dogs and chooks and I loved knowing I was actually buying organic.  I didn't even really consider that there may not be eftpos so the lady sent me home without paying until next time I came. Go the good ole days.  My third stop was Aldi and to my delight they have added quite a few new products to their organic range.  YAY.  My forth stop was Woolies where I got some herbs and almond meal, the couple of things I wasn't able to get anywhere else.

I loved the experience but have found I can pre order my meat and farm foods so my shopping days will be a little less hecktic with my three and one year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment