Monday, June 28, 2010

Health & Weight Loss Journey - Catch Up

After giving birth to my second child I decided to make a life change to loose weight rather than yo-yo dieting.  I started my weight loss journey by pretty much eating anything God made.  ie, fruit, veg, herbs, meat and drinking water.   Over a seven week period I lost 7kg.  Although I did love my new ways we became homeless (while renovating) and lived with my sister for five weeks and my husbands brother for three weeks.  Both of these families eat well and I was able to get out for walks often I was able to keep the weight off (not lose any as there were many take out days due to being on the road a lot).  It was at my brother in law's that I read 'You are What you Eat' and my interest in organic food really began.

From there we moved to some friends house and found our selves on the road even more (they live quite a bit out of town) and the food was a little richer.  In three weeks I gained 4kg.  My response was to follow the body trim diet (using as many organic foods as possible) in which over six weeks I lost 5.5kg.  I went into a health food shop to buy some protein powder and was given the blood type diet by a natropath (eating only organic foods).  After much looking and swapping about I was able to pull together a menue that follows the principles of both and eat really delicious, nutritious, organic food. I start this week.

So I am going to journal my health and weight loss weekly.

Starting Weight:  84.6 kg
Final Goal:  52.0 kg
Weight Today:  73.2 kg
Weekly Goal:  lose 1.2 kg
Exercise Goal: Walk Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment